Wine Accessories Make Excellent Gifts
If you drink wine often enough, you'll start to want your own wine accessories.
Whether you are hosting a wine tasting party, want to purcase an appropriate gift to mark a special occasion, or are just an avid wine drinker, this is bound to come up eventually - so let's talk about some of the basics, here!
Whatever the reason, a fine selection of wine items is readily available.
~CHECK OUT HVV'S EXTENSIVE WINE ACCESSORY SELECTIONS ~
The source of these wonderful wine items varies:
- Wine gifts and accessories are easily accessible at any number of wineries. In New Jersey, we at Hopewell Valley Vineyards have a wine gift shop. They make wonderful souvenirs of a wine tasting at the winery or may act as a special gift. Cape May Winery also has an extensive gift shop...If visiting the Napa Valley, consider shopping at Dutch Henry Winery or the Jacuzzi Family Vineyards.
- They are for sale at the gift shops.
- Some are hand-made specifically for a winery. These retailers contain the best and the worst available.
- Other options for obtaining wine accessory gifts include specialty shops.
- In fact, online wine stores are an excellent source of wine accessories.
While state laws restrict purchasing wine online, buying wine paraphernalia is free game for all!
Wine accessories act to – well accessorize.
In the case of wine tasting or wine tasting parties, the following items are usually de rigueur:
- A minimum of six different bottles of wine
- Wine Glasses – there is no need to purchase fancy crystal goblets. Plain, clear glass does the trick. Make sure, however, it is light and features a stem
- Wine bottle openers – fancy or simple, hand operated corkscrew or electric - it is irrelevant as long as they open the bottles and help you overcome "Corkophobia"!
- A simple foil cutter - for opening champagne...
- Spittoons to allow guests to swill out the wine
- A wine cooling sleeve to keep the wine cool – often more practical, in price and mess factor, than an ice bucket
These are the basics, although many would include food.
Indeed, if you are holding, or part of, a wine tasting party food that complements the wine is essential.
As Gifts, To Collect Or As Household Additions
As is the case with any "hobby" or obsession, you can accessorize and accessorize and accessorize. The gift of actual wine bottle is limited only by the budget. Price will also set the bar when it comes to purchasing wine accessories. Among the many potential gift items are:
- Wine Coolers or Wine Refrigerators
- Fine crystal decanters
- Hand-carved cork screws
- Electric wine opener, including the Oster 4207 electric wine opener
- Books on wine and wine-related topics
- Thermometers to test wine
- Fancy stoppers in a wide assortment of shapes and sizes constructed from different materials
- Ice buckets from all types of materials including silver
- Elegant crystal glasses
- Wine cooling sleeves
- Wine and humidity gauges
- Bottle bags
- Wine funnels
- Specialty Wine Racks
- Wine Bottle Neck Tags
- Wine Label Software
For A Wine Aficionado Or Fanatic
For those who are completely into collecting anything to do with wine the following items may be just what they want.
- Wine related murals
- Wine maps & posters
- Rustic handle sets for wine cellar doors
- Rustic door hardware for wine cellars
- Recycled wine barrel products
- Wine barrel furniture
- Carved wine barrels
- Wine backpacks
Purchasing wine accessories is all part of the fun of enjoying the world of wine...
Whether it is a personal gift to the host of a wine tasting party or the necessities required to host a party, the options are varied and interesting.
The selection of retailers is also diverse.
Local wineries prove to be an excellent source of such items.
If this is not possible, specialty shops can provide what you may need.
Alternatively, online retailers can ensure you get exactly what you want, on time for the special occasion.
* * * * * * *
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? You can share it here without needing a Facebook account! You can even upload pictures!
Dec 04, 14 04:30 PM
When France lost Algeria in 1960, a great worry of winemakers wad what are we going to do now? French wines from many regions WERE B,ENDED WITH MUCH STRONGER
Dec 04, 14 03:26 PM
How to make port wine - delicious, heart-warming, the perfect gift
Nov 01, 14 04:25 PM
Wine accessory shopping for the holidays